
Well it is time to update the Kilburn status! I can finally say after been really sick for 7 months, I am feeling GREAT! The plan is I will remain on antibiotics for a year. Meanwhile, I have tons of energy and have been trying to make up for some lost fun time with the girls and Doug.
Doug is the man....he now does laundry, dishes, baths, packs Emma's lunch, and even gives the dog her insulin! He gradually started helping when I was sick and took over everything during my last hospital stay. In his spare time...he has been on a mission to paint the kitchen and has finally completed it.
This last 6wks have been a blast. Doug and I have had 2 date nights(we went to the movies!) As a family we went to the Children's Museum, The Zoo, bowling twice and roller skating(my favorite). We have been able to reconnect and hang out with some friends and neighbors. We have enjoyed the beautiful weather and have started our nightly walks again. Life is good!
As I mentioned our schnauzer Dutchess is now on insulin, she was diagnosed with diabetes during all this chaos she takes insulin twice daily. On a very sad note our lab/shepard mix Dixie had a very large tumor and died last month. She was 14yrs old. This was very difficult for Doug and I.
Sorry I have no pictures to update....my computer died. So I got a new laptop...put in my camera card and erased my pics! Small learning curve! What a bummer!
Emma has grown sooo much and still remains VERY jealous of Ania. She loves going to preschool 2 days a week and teaching Ania new things. They love being sisters and DO play well....some days! They just don't like sharing Mommy and Daddy with each other!
Ania is our permanent echo in the house! She talks full sentences, counts to 13, knows her shapes and alphabet. "No" means nothing to her and she has no fear! Most recently she got in trouble for turning on the bath water. And just like her big sis says Ania turned to me and said: "Mommy you mad?" I said "no" she said "you appointed" (translation: disappointed)! 20 mos old!
Well thats all for now hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this awesome weather! Drop us a line sometime!
Doug is the man....he now does laundry, dishes, baths, packs Emma's lunch, and even gives the dog her insulin! He gradually started helping when I was sick and took over everything during my last hospital stay. In his spare time...he has been on a mission to paint the kitchen and has finally completed it.
This last 6wks have been a blast. Doug and I have had 2 date nights(we went to the movies!) As a family we went to the Children's Museum, The Zoo, bowling twice and roller skating(my favorite). We have been able to reconnect and hang out with some friends and neighbors. We have enjoyed the beautiful weather and have started our nightly walks again. Life is good!
As I mentioned our schnauzer Dutchess is now on insulin, she was diagnosed with diabetes during all this chaos she takes insulin twice daily. On a very sad note our lab/shepard mix Dixie had a very large tumor and died last month. She was 14yrs old. This was very difficult for Doug and I.
Sorry I have no pictures to update....my computer died. So I got a new laptop...put in my camera card and erased my pics! Small learning curve! What a bummer!
Emma has grown sooo much and still remains VERY jealous of Ania. She loves going to preschool 2 days a week and teaching Ania new things. They love being sisters and DO play well....some days! They just don't like sharing Mommy and Daddy with each other!
Ania is our permanent echo in the house! She talks full sentences, counts to 13, knows her shapes and alphabet. "No" means nothing to her and she has no fear! Most recently she got in trouble for turning on the bath water. And just like her big sis says Ania turned to me and said: "Mommy you mad?" I said "no" she said "you appointed" (translation: disappointed)! 20 mos old!
Well thats all for now hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this awesome weather! Drop us a line sometime!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update. First of all I am so glad that you are feeling better. I have been worried about you and am happy that things are better. Love the bus stop picture. I am trying to remember if I took the picture.Anxious to see new pictures of Emma and Ania. They are growing up so fast. Keep staying healthy. I am so sorry about Dixie, I know it is hard losing a part of your family. Hope to see all of you lsoon.
Post a Comment