WE HAVE SPENT THE LAST FEW WEEKS PREPARING FOR OUR FAMILY TO GROW. MUCH OF MY TIME HAS BEEN SPENT RE BUYING ITEMS WE HAD FOR EMMA WHEN SHE WAS A NEWBORN!! LOL! THESE NEXT FEW DAYS WILL BE SPENT RETURNING SOME OF THE "BOY" ITEMS, AS TODAY'S U/S SHOWED "IT'S A GIRL". I WISH THAT WAS ALL THE NEWS I HAD TO SHARE WITH YOU, UNFORTUNATELY, WE HAVE HIT SOME ROCKY WATERS!
WHEN A COUPLE DECIDES TO GO THROUGH THE ADOPTION PROCESS, IT IS MUCH LIKE RIDING A ROLLER COASTER. IT HAS ITS EXTREME UPS AND DOWNS. I HAVE TRIED TO PREPARE MYSELF FOR WHAT "COULD" HAPPEN, BUT MY EYES STILL FILLED WITH TEARS AND SADNESS WHEN MY FEARS BECAME REAL. THE BIRTHMOTHER AND I KEEP IN CLOSE CONTACT THROUGH TEXT MESSAGING. I RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE FROM HER THAT THE BIRTHFATHER WAS HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS.
DOUG AND I LOVE BEING PARENTS.WE THANK GOD EVERYDAY FOR EMMA AND THE FACT THAT WE WERE ABLE TO FINALLY BECOME PARENTS. WE HAVE NEVER TAKEN 1 MINUTE FOR GRANITE SINCE SHE HAS ENTERED OUR LIVES.
THE NEW OFFICIAL DUE DATE IS JUNE 19TH FOR THIS PRECIOUS BABY GIRL. WE HOPE WE ARE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO LOVE THIS BABY GIRL AS MUCH AS WE DO EMMA. WE REMIND EACH OTHER OFTEN.. THIS IS GODS PLAN.
DOUG , EMMA AND I ASK THAT YOU KEEP US IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS THESE NEXT FEW WEEKS, AS SOME VERY DIFFICULT DECISIONS ARE MADE.
KRISTEN, DOUG AND EMMA
4 comments:
For me, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, will just be a continuance of the last few days. I love you all and we are indeed fortunate to have Emma in our lives; however, we have enough love to share with another baby girl and hopefully that will be a reality. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts will get us through this and before you know it, you'll be bringing a new little angel home for all of us to get to know and love! Love you, Mom
Your family will certainly remain in my thoughts and prayers. As your Mom has said - you guys have enough love for this other little lucky lady and we will just keep praying that this is the child that God has in store for your family.
Keep looking UP and know that your family and friends will be 'lifting' your family UP in prayer...
Judy
I'll be there soon. In the meantime I'll continue to pray. I have some great prayer warrers at work for your precious family.You have the right attitued that GOD is in control! He will continue to protect you! Hold on to that my dear ones! I LOVE all of you dearly!
Auntie Cindy
Thanks for all your kind thoughts and prayers! And Aunt Cindy.... you registered and commented! I'll call you soon!
Post a Comment